Services for Students
Audiological Services for Students
Audiological services are provided to students enrolled at Sunshine Cottage (on-campus and off-campus mainstream program).
- Routine hearing testing to monitor hearing for students with hearing loss and students with typical hearing
- Aided testing to determine performance with hearing technology
- Hearing aid programming for your child’s hearing loss using recommended pediatric settings
- Cochlear implant programming
- Fitting and troubleshooting of school FM equipment
- Daily listening checks of equipment (hearing aids, cochlear implants, BAHA, and FM) to make sure each child has access to sound
- Earmold impressions for new earmolds as needed
- Use of loaner equipment (hearing aids, cochlear implants, and FM system) if personal equipment is broken or when trying new technology (hearing aid trials)
At Sunshine Cottage, we serve as the child’s primary audiologist. Our goal is to make sure that each student has full-time access to sound, which is necessary for optimal speech and language development. We work together with the child’s family and all members of the child’s professional team.